The Cole Harbour Foundation is a non-profit community foundation, focused on improving education and opportunities for children and youth in and around Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. We are seeking lead teachers tutors to help expand our free math and literacy tutoring program.
As a lead teacher, you will run small group tutoring sessions in math and literacy. You will often be paired with an assisting teacher or volunteer. Together, you will teach classes of 6-10 students from grades P-6 at our tutoring center in Cole Harbour Place.
You will be working between 3-8pm in the afternoon, typically 2-6 days each week. We have openings to work any days from Monday through Saturday. In addition, you will have 1-2 hours per week of paid preparation time, so you can prepare for your classes at home. In total, that could represent up to 26+ hours/week of work. We will provide you with paid training and certification in the Jump Math and SpellRead curriculums that we use in our classes.
Compensation for our lead teachers starts at $20/hour. Candidates with strong credentials and relevant experience can earn more.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A suitable degree or diploma such as:
- ….Bachelor of Education
- ….Bachelor of Arts and Science
- ….Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Available at least 3+ afternoons per week from 3-7pm. We have openings to work any days from Monday through Saturday.
- Experience with classroom teaching, tutoring 1-on-1 or in groups is desired.
- Enthusiastic about our mission to improve education of the children in our community.
- Available to work at our Cole Harbour Place tutoring center: 51 Forest Hills Pkwy, Dartmouth, NS, B2W 6C6.
- Must pass a criminal background and abuse registry check. We will cover any costs.
- Competitive hourly compensation of $20/hour or more, depending on experience.
- Paid time each week for preparation outside the classroom.
- We will provide paid training and certification in the Jump Math and SpellRead curriculums.
- Up to 26 hours/week of work, with the possibility of more as our programs expand.
- Valuable experience to establish or enhance a career in education.
- The reward of making a real difference for struggling students, and the appreciation of their families.