We have openings for volunteer tutors to assist in our math and literacy tutoring sessions. See below for more details. If you are interested or have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call us at 902-701-6900.
The Cole Harbour Foundation is a non-profit community foundation, focused on improving education and opportunities for children and youth in and around Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. We are seeking volunteer tutors to help expand our free math and literacy tutoring program.
As a volunteer tutor, you will assist in small group tutoring sessions, under the direction of one of our lead teachers. Together, you will teach classes of 6-10 students from grades P-6 at our tutoring center in Cole Harbour Place.
Volunteers work from approximately 3-7pm in the afternoon, typically 2+ days each week. We have openings on any days from Monday through Saturday.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Available at least 2-3 afternoons per week from approximately 3-7pm. We have openings on any days from Monday through Saturday.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in a relevant program, or already holding one of these degrees:
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts and Science
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Enthusiastic about our mission to improve education for the children in our community.
- Available to work at our Cole Harbour Place tutoring center: 51 Forest Hills Pkwy, Dartmouth, NS, B2W 6C6.
- Must pass a criminal background and abuse registry check. We will cover any costs.
- Valuable experience to establish or enhance a career in education.
- Experience and training in the Jump Math and SpellRead curriculums.
- Work alongside and get direction from experienced teachers.
- The reward of making a real difference for struggling students, and the appreciation of their families.