We provide free tutoring for math and literacy to students from the elementary schools that feed into CHDHS and Auburn High. We offer math tutoring for children in grades 3-6, and literacy tutoring for students in grades 4 and under.
- Your child will come to 2 tutoring classes each week.
- Your child will be in a group of 4-10 students working at the same level.
- Classes are taught by a teacher, often with an assistant teacher or volunteer.
- Your child needs to attend every class, because each group moves forward together. If your child misses classes, the whole group has to slow down.
- Children in SpellRead tutoring need to practice their skills at home with their parents using cards or games provided by the teacher.
- Most students spend about 12-18 months in our tutoring programs, if they have good attendance practice their skills at home.
- We currently have a waiting list of 6-12 months. Please sign up using the link below, and we will be in touch when a spot becomes available.
Our math program is based on the Jump Math curriculum, and our literacy program uses the SpellRead curriculum. Both curriculums are highly regarded, evidence based and have demonstrated records of success.